What happens when you combine a state of the art illumination system with the exclusive FireDot Reticle? You get the VX-R—only from Leupold, America’s Optics Authority.
Objective Lens Diameter: 20 mm
Main-Tube Diameter: 30 mm
Field of View: 75 - 29' @ 100 yd / 25 - 9.7 m @ 100 m
Parallax Correction: Fixed to 150 yards
Eye Relief: 4.1 - 3.7" / 104.1 - 94.0 mm
Exit Pupil Diameter: 16.0 mm - 5.0 mm
Impact Point Correction: 1/10 mils per click
Maximum Windage/Elevation Adjustment: 90 MOA
Weatherproofing: Waterproof and Fogproof
Finish: Matte Black
Length: 9.5" / 24.1 cm
Weight: 11.50 oz / 326.00 g
• Index Matched Lens System: A Leupold® exclusive, this system has nearly perfected Leupold’s already impeccable light management. Leupold engineers specify different coating materials for each lens surface in the riflescope, based on the lens’ index of refraction, placement and function, layering each coating to eliminate reflections and maximize light transmission. The result is unparalleled brightness and extremely sharp resolution across the entire visual field.
• DiamondCoat: This coating on the exterior lenses gives you the ultimate in abrasion resistance and light transmission. The result is a flawless sight picture over a lifetime of hard use. DiamondCoat™ has made a difference in battle; now it can make a difference where you hunt.
• 2nd Generation Argon/Krypton Waterproofing: While we still waterproof other optics with bone-dry nitrogen – technology pioneered by Leupold® – Select models feature our exclusive, proprietary Argon/Krypton gas blend. Its advantages are two fold: it nearly eliminates the effects of thermal shock, and the Argon/Krypton molecules are significantly larger than nitrogen molecules, reducing the diffusion of gases sealed inside your scope even more than our proven nitrogen technology already does. We pioneered riflescope waterproofing, and now with Argon/Krypton we’re exceeding the standards we set ourselves.
• Lead Free: Leupold optics offer better optical clarity as a result of lead-free glass lenses. In addition to its superior optics, the lenses are produced with none of the environmentally damaging by-products common to standard glass production. A small step, but one in the right direction.
• FireDot Illumination: Select models are available with our exclusive FireDot Reticle System in your choice of FireDot Duplex, FireDot Circle, Ballistic FireDot, FireDot LR Duplex, FireDot 4, FireDot Pig Plex, FireDot TMR and FireDot SPR. Once activated, the dot within the reticle illuminates with bright, sharp definition, while the rest of the reticle is non-illuminated. This combination leads your eye naturally to the center aiming point and makes target acquisition quick, precise, and simple.
• MST (Motion Sensor Technology): An important feature of select Illuminated reticle models is the Leupold-exclusive Motion Sensor Technology (MST). A single touch of the button or twist of the dial activates the illumination, offering several different intensity settings (depending on model) including a high/low indicator (FireDot reticles only). The reticle will automatically switch to “stand-by mode” after five minutes of inactivity, then reactivate whenever the rifle is moved. This eliminates the need for excess movement reaching for buttons, while extending battery life (powered by a readily available CR-2032 coin cell battery.